We believe that alignment between the business and customers is the primary driver of an organizations ability to execute strategy and achieve its goals. When an organization is properly aligned, every employee understands firm-wide goals and how his or her job is linked to achieving those objectives and every business process is connected to major customer needs.
A brief description of our services and examples of issues addressed, follow.
- Internal Assessments: Provide an objective, third party assessment of an organization's top growth priorities based on potential value at stake and confirm what market intelligence is needed to inform major decisions.
- What are the leadership team's views on the best growth opportunities and the biggest risks?
- What are the key assumptions underpinning these beliefs?
- What are the key trends in revenue and profitability by product/segment?
- What are management's views about current initiatives?
- Market Assessments: Identify unmet customer needs and rank-order potential growth opportunities based on market size and attractiveness.
- What is the size and potential growth of target markets by segment?
- What are customers' unmet needs?
- How are customers' purchasing decisions made? Does this vary by segment?
- What are the primary drivers of customer demand?
- Strategy Development and Evaluation: Select the most attractive strategic alternative based on available options.
- What alternatives are available to achieve the company's growth goals?
- Which of the options are most likely to be successful based on external market intelligence?
- What is the potential value associated with each of the most promising options (by business line, region and product/service)?
- What is the value maximizing growth strategy?
- Execution Plan: Develop business plans, create marketing plans, set performance goals and align compensation with those goals.
- What are the elements of a plan that motivates the team and describes a clear execution plan?
- What are appropriate goals and metrics by product line, business unit and function?
- What resources are required to successfully execute the plan?
- How should short and long-term incentives be aligned with the chosen strategy?